May 1, 2018
YOUR USE OF ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC WEB SITES (including rockchalkroundballclassic.com and rockchalkroundball.com), CONTENT, ELECTRONIC COMMUNITIES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND DOWNLOADING FROM OUR SITES CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. In addition to providing descriptions of our programs and how we help communities in need around the world, our sites, materials, electronic communities, products and/or services (collectively, “Materials”) provide you with the opportunity to shop online and to interact with us and our online community. These terms and conditions have been developed for your protection, as well as ours.
- Rights & Permissions
- You may use the Materials only for educational or non-commercial purposes relating to providing humanitarian relief and development programs, subject to these Terms and except that:
- Logo. To use a Rock Chalk Roundball Classic mark or logo for fundraising or for any other purpose (see below for sales benefiting Rock Chalk Roundball Classic), email RockChalkRoundball@gmail.com with a detailed description of your planned use; if an individual, your name and address; if an entity, its place of incorporation and type of entity. Any use of the Rock Chalk Roundball Classic trademarks, including its logo, requires express written permission from Rock Chalk Roundball Classic.
- Sale of Goods or Services benefiting Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. This use requires express written permission from Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. To sell products or services to benefit Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, email RockChalkRoundball@gmail.com with a detailed description of your planned use; if an individual, your name and address; if an entity, its place of incorporation and type of entity. Note, the Better Business Bureau and some consumer laws require you to indicate at point of solicitation the precise benefit to charity. If the benefit is a portion of sale proceeds, the amount must be indicated by dollar or percentage of retail sale price, not with language such as “proceeds,” “income,” “net” or “profits” because this does not detail the precise portion of the sale benefiting charity.
- Images (including photos and films). Ask RockChalkRoundball@gmail.com if you want to use an image from the Materials, describing the image you want to use, the page address where it appears, what you want to use it for and, if an individual, your name and address; if an entity, its place of incorporation and type of entity. This use requires express written permission from Rock Chalk Roundball Classic.
- Legends Intact. Keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact. The Materials should indicate © Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, and may require additional legends to attribute the work to an author, photographer or others. All Materials are owned by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic or licensed for Rock Chalk Roundball Classic use.
- Copy to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. If the Materials are used in a publication or other formal presentation, you must provide Rock Chalk Roundball Classic a copy by emailing RockChalkRoundball@gmail.com.
- Reputation. Materials shall not be used to disparage Rock Chalk Roundball Classic or its activities.
- You may use the Materials only for educational or non-commercial purposes relating to providing humanitarian relief and development programs, subject to these Terms and except that:
- Use of the Rock Chalk Roundball Classic electronic community is void where prohibited. In consideration of your use of the Materials, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you in any registration forms on the Sites (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place using your account.
- Your remarks, graphics, or other information communicated to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic through the Materials (each a “Submission”) shall be freely used by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic as described below. You represent and warrant that any information and/or Submission you post or provide to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic through any medium is truthful, accurate, not misleading, not confidential property of others, and not in violation of any other party’s rights. You represent and warrant and agree that you shall not provide Rock Chalk Roundball Classic a Submission in which other persons have rights without their express permission, or that infringe their rights, or that contains libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material and you are responsible if your Submission injures another person. In addition, you agree not to:
- use the Materials for data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other Users from the Materials by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Materials in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair them;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Materials;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- register for more than one User account, register for a User account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for a User account on behalf of any group or entity;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available in the Materials (including on the Sites) any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers;
- solicit personal information from others or solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate applicable law;
- use or attempt to use another’s account, service or system without authorization from Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, or create a false identity in the Materials (including on the Sites).
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Materials, or which may expose Rock Chalk Roundball Classic or its Users to any harm or liability of any type.
- Submissions are not confidential and shall not be treated as confidential by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. Rock Chalk Roundball Classic may use Submissions for any commercial or other purpose, without compensation or other liability to you. When you post a Submission or otherwise send creative suggestions or material to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, including, but not limited to stores, photos, videos, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information, the information shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. You authorize and direct us to use and/or to to make such copies thereof as we deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of the Submission. By posting Submissions, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such Submissions for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Materials (including on the Sites) or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Submissions, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You understand that your Submissions may be used and republished by other Users over whom Rock Chalk Roundball Classic has no control, and you specifically consent to this use by others.
- The Materials contain Submissions, text, photos, graphics, sounds and other work belonging to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic or to other contributors. Rock Chalk Roundball Classic owns the Material, unless otherwise indicated. You acquire no ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estopple, implication or otherwise.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users and to prohibit your further use of the Site or further interactions with Users. You are also solely responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting.
- Liabilities and Injuries
- You shall not post or transmit through Rock Chalk Roundball Classic Materials any information or documents that violates these Terms. You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, their directors, officers, employees, and agents, and their third party content providers (“Rock Chalk Roundball Classic Entities”) from any claims, losses or expenses arising from or in connection with any Submissions, any Third Party applications, Software or Content you post or share on or through the Materials (including through the Sites or Share Service), your use of the Materials, your conduct in connection with the Materials or with other Users of the Materials, or any violation of this Agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
- THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW. ANY AND ALL PRODUCTS OBTAINED THROUGH ANY ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC SITE ARE SIMILARLY PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE MATERIALS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, WHETHER THE MATERIALS OR THE SERVER ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORDS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. INFORMATION IN THE MATERIALS, OR THE SITES OF ANY ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC ENTITIES, IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC ENTITIES ARE NOT RENDERING PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATIONS. DO NOT RELY ON ANY INFORMATION ON THESE PAGES TO REPLACE CONSOLTATIONS WITH QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS TO MEET YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS. YOU USE THE MATERIALS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Rock Chalk Roundball Classic is a distributor (and not a publisher) of content supplied by third parties and Users. Rock Chalk Roundball Classic has no more editorial control over such content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by any User of the Materials, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of or endorsed by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC DOES NOT PRE-SCREEN, APPROVE OR ENDORSE ANY SUBMISSIONS, AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT A SUBMISSION WAS ACTUALLY CREATED AND IS BEING OPERATED BY THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A SUBMISSION. NOR IS ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF ANY SUBMISSION, OR ACTIONS TAKEN ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION, INCLUDING HOW THE OWNER OF THE SUBMISSION COLLECTS, HANDLES, USES AND / OR SHARES ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION IT MAY COLLECT FROM USERS. YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL BEFORE PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OR ENTERING INTO ANY TRANSACTION IN CONNECTION WITH A SUBMISSION.
- IN NO EVENT WILL ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, ANY PLATFORM APPLICATIONS, ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE, OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS OR OTHER MATERIALS ON, ACCESSED THROUGH OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITES, EVEN IF ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF NO PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT IS INVOLVED AND/OR NO FEES ARE PAID TO ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC FOR THE SERVICE, YOU SHALL BE LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY, UNLESS OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW, AND SHALL NOT BE ENTITLED TO DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM ROCK CHALK ROUNDBALL CLASSIC, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION.
- Rock Chalk Roundball Classic is not responsible for any technical malfunction or other problems of any telephone network or service, computer systems, servers or providers, computer or mobile phone equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, the Materials or at any Sites or combination thereof, including injury or damage to User’s or to any other person’s computer, mobile phone, or other hardware or software, related to or resulting from using or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Materials. Under no circumstances will Rock Chalk Roundball Classic be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any Submissions or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Materials, any Submissions or Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on or through the Materials or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between Users of the Materials, whether online or offline.
- The Materials or Sites may be linked to other sites not maintained by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. Rock Chalk Roundball Classic is not responsible for the content of those sites. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply endorsement by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic of the sites. Rock Chalk Roundball Classic makes no representations whatsoever about any other sites which you may access through Rock Chalk Roundball Classic.
- These limitations apply even if there is negligence on the part of Rock Chalk Roundball Classic Entities or an authorized Rock Chalk Roundball Classic representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or both.
- Purchases. Any purchases through the Materials or on the Sites are through third-party providers and are subject to the terms and conditions set forth on such corresponding sites. Any dispute must be resolved directly with the third party provider.
- Monitoring. You understand and agree that Rock Chalk Roundball Classic may, but is not obligated to, review the Materials and may delete or remove (without notice) any Content or Submissions in its sole discretion, for any reason or no reason, including Submissions that in the sole judgment of Rock Chalk Roundball Classic violate this Agreement, or that might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others. You are solely responsible at your sole cost and expense for creating backup copies and replacing any Submissions you post or store in the Materials, on the Sites or provide to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. Rock Chalk Roundball Classic may edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted in the Materials (including on the Sites). In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, Rock Chalk Roundball Classic has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Rock Chalk Roundball Classic’s sole discretion, access of Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Rock Chalk Roundball Classic may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Materials (including on the Sites) and/or terminate access of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. Possible evidence of use of the Materials (including the Sites) for illegal purposes may be provided to law enforcement authorities.
- Trademark Information. The marks Rock Chalk Roundball Classic and other Rock Chalk Roundball Classic service marks, trademarks, trade names or logos are registered in the United States and, to the extent used outside the United States, in other countries. All rights reserved. Other trademarks or trade names displayed in the Materials, on the Sites or through links to other sites are the property of the respective trademark owners.
- Rock Chalk Roundball Classic offers a feature whereby Users of the Materials can share with others or post to their own member profile, videos, articles and other Third Party Applications, Software or Content from, and/or links to, Third Party Sites (the “Share Service”). You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Share Services and all links, User Content or Third Party Applications, Software or Content shared through the Share Service is subject to, and will fully comply with the terms and conditions set forth in these Terms.
- Subject to these Terms, Third Party Sites that meet the requirements set forth herein may place a Share Link (as described below), in the form approved by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic and with the written consent of Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, on pages of their Web sites to facilitate use of the Share Service. A Third Party Site that posts a Share Link on its Web site(s) (each an “Online Content Provider”) shall abide and be subject to the applicable sections of these Terms. A “Share Link” is a button and/or a text link appearing on an Online Content Provider’s web page that, upon being clicked by a User, enables us to launch a sharing mechanism through which Users can share with others or post to their own member profile, links and content from that page.
- If the Share Link is a button that contains any icons or other graphic images, trademarks or other proprietary materials of Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, Online Content Provider is granted permission to use such images, trademarks or other materials solely for the purpose of placing the Share Link on Online Content Provider’s site and solely in the current form provided by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic. The rights granted in this paragraph may be revoked by Rock Chalk Roundball Classic at any time with or without cause in its sole discretion, and upon such termination, Online Content Provider agrees to immediately remove all Share Links from its site. No such link shall be deemed to be an endorsement of the material, products, services, or content of the third party Provider.
- In order for an Online Content Provider to include a Share Link on its pages, the Third Party Site must not contain any web content that if shared or posted by a User would be a violation of these Terms. Without limiting the forgoing, Online Content Provider agrees not to post a Share Link on any Web site(s) that contains, and represents and warrants that such Web site(s) does not and will not contain, any content that is infringing, harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, lewd, fraudulent, or invasive of privacy or publicity rights or that may expose Rock Chalk Roundball Classic or its Users to any harm or liability of any type. Upon including of a Share Link, Online Content Provider agrees to defend, indemnify and hold Rock Chalk Roundball Classic, their affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with such Share Link, any links, content or other items or materials which may be shared or posted through such Share Link, or any breach or alleged breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
- By including a Share Link, Online Content Provider automatically grants, and represents and warrants that it has the right to grant, to Rock Chalk Roundball Classic an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use the Share Service in order to link to, use, copy, publish, stream, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), summarize, and distribute the content, links and other materials of any kind residing on any web pages on which Online Content Provider places the Share Link.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to this subject matter, and supersedes all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, United States of America, without regard to its conflict of laws roles. If any part of these Terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. “Includes”, “including” and other similar terms are deemed to include “without limitation” immediately thereafter, and any specification of the Site as part of the Materials is purely to provide clear meaning and does not imply that other references to Materials exclude the Sites.
- These Terms are also for the benefit of Rock Chalk Roundball Classic Entities, each of which may assert and enforce such provisions directly or on its own behalf.